Thank you to everybody who came to Tyler's farewell today. It was a great time, and he said he felt loved. Stay tuned for more exciting news from the MTC later this week!
I find it a bit inappropriate to merely say what I did in this last week, here in my last real email, so I wanted instead to use this occasion to reflect and look back. ... and then yesterday we went into the city and afterwards spent a bunch of time with missionaries from some other zones, so we ended up having no time to do mail. Classy. So today I find myself pressed for time and without many words. I feel like the greatest summary of all I've felt and learned will be in my homecoming talk, but even so, I would honestly just like to take the time to say how much I love this gospel and how different my attitude towards the gospel and how to handle what's really important in life has changed so much, and I can't wait to continue to share this same beautiful and wholly real light that exists in this world, and is all that really counts. Please everyone that reads this, know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that the only way to even stay ...
This week has been the hugest blur. The highlight was definitely our zone's family home evening. It's transfer season again (a little early because the batch of newbies is coming in early), and we had some people peacing out in our zone, so we decided to eat together, and Elder Tekurio (being the stud that he is) had like a nice spiritual thought that had us all sentimental about our zone and the time that we'd spent together. It's one of the perks of being a missionary on Tahiti. You just get to see more of your "family". Also Mexican food. Lots of Mexican food. Elder Lloyd is getting sent home (we still don't know what's wrong with him and he is just not getting better). I'm really sad to see him go. It's been so fun having him around the house. The people in our house right now (that is to say Elders Hanson, Ford, Heckmann, and Lloyd) are a really great group, and it's honestly what's helped me to get through some days this ...
This week was once again a very busy one. Especially Saturday. Tuesday Packed full of lessons. Saw Fetiarava (one of our fixed baptisms), and did the Ten Commandments game with her. Wednesday Another standard day. More English classes that hardly anybody showed up to, more sports (we actually had a pretty okay amount of people, and there were these two little girls that we invited to Saturday's baptism. We'll come back to them...) Thursday Again, lots of lessons, rather standard day. But we were busy. Ooh, it was standard right up until I got a call from one of our counselors in the stake presidency. So when the stake came and did a conference in our ward, the one counselor (Frère Varney) totally told Fetiarava's family that we would do a family home evening thing at their sweet beach-front property, but the weekend after it rained and we postponed it. Fr Varney then calls me today and is like, "Hey so we're going to Moorea to go do reactivation ...
Ty did such a great job on his talk! He will be an amazing missionary!
ReplyDeleteHey cool! A comment! Thanks Em. I think he will be too. If i can make this blog work, i'll be so proud of myself....
ReplyDelete