The Email that Shall Not Be Named--Week 100


 Monday
Went to Tautira and played games for pday. It was everything from soccer to "Signs". Soeur Livu (this sister from Vanuatu) REALLY wanted to play musical chairs and we actually did and it was good clean fun.

Tuesday
A very full day. Kind of frustrating. Lots of cancellations. Our DMP moved our coordination meeting with our newly called ward missionaries to this day without telling us, so that ended up being problematic and then he wasn't there.

Wednesday
Also rather busy. Our auxillaries are actually showing up for our reactivation and missionary splits ever Tuesday and Wednesday now. It's not perfect, but there's at least two or three people.

Thursday
A little more calm. We worked on an activity that we're going to do in August. There's going to be several stations, but the last one is Jeopardy, so we were designing our Jeopardy board and punching in our questions and such.

Friday
Went to Mahina's district meeting and then continued onward into Papeete to go and do our interviews with President Fox. Honestly a very kind guy. He wanted to get to know us all a bit better, and he talked to me about school post-mission and whatnot. He gave me some advice.

Saturday
Had a giant marriage/baptism that the entire zone got invited to. It was lots of fun. The couple was quite likeable, and they were kind enough to invite us. It was a real party. The evening when everyone danced, Soeur Siale was asked to sing "Can't Help Falling In Love with You" by Elvis. It was really splendid.

Sunday
Did another sacrament meeting concert with the missionaries in our zone (this time in the two wards at Taravao). Next Sunday it will be at our ward! Then in the evening we did our very last missionary concert. It was quite bittersweet. For some people it was really a goodbye. Elder Drugeon is leaving on July 31, so we weren't sure that we'd see one another again. He wanted a picture with me.

Today
We're going to go do a picnic of some sort on this guy's property. Any time we're with the zone it's a good time. We're a nice family.


The theme of the missionary concert is The Living Christ, and periodically in between songs we have people get up and read a select passage from The Living Christ, and then they get to share their thoughts. Sunday evening, I had the honor of reading one of the passages:

We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world.

And then I had organized my thoughts a bit earlier/written something pretty eloquent, but when I finished the quote and was to my portion, I just felt the Savior's love so strongly, and I felt the need to just proclaim that with all of my heart. So I straight told everybody (roughly translating), "I wrote something, but I believe I'm just going to chuck it (the Tahitian word "faarue" roughly translates to this)." And then I just bore testimony about how much the Savior loves us all. I don't really remember what I said, but I do remember a couple things that I will share with you all now.

I talked about how on a mission I learned to better recognize the Lord's voice, and I told everyone about my hope that we'll always make the necessary sacrifice(s) to receive revelation, because Christ loves us and still speaks to us today. And I supported what I said almost two years ago when I said choosing to serve Him has been one of the best decisions of my life.

I was as sincere and simple as I could be, as I hope I've been here. Please, everyone, know that I meant what I said. The Lord speaks to us today and loves us. Don't forget.

Elder Harrah


-found these Elder Bradshaw and Elder Ugbah look-a-likes in an old church magazine
-back when he was an Interregion President














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of TIME-- Week 103

"What if this is just a Lovely Bones trap?"--Week 99

"I thought I knew what life should be"--Week 102