I Send the Same Emails Over and Over-- Week 54

Instead of sending the same email as last week (no lie, the only difference with this week was that we worked even harder and did even more splits with members and got 28 lessons (as well as the Standard of Excellence for the third week in a row)), here's a little something I found this week that I'd heard literally a million times before, but didn't realize we could take so literally:


“We will attain our exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom only on the condition that we share with our Father’s other children the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and observe the commandments that will enrich our lives here and hereafter.”
-George Albert Smith

4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
-Doctrine & Covenants 4:4


One of the senior missionary couples (the Caldwells) finished their mission just recently, and it was a very emotional affair, but something I won't forget was Elder Caldwell's sharing that scripture with us. I found the G.A. Smith quote in Preach My Gospel a couple days later. Again, I didn't quite realize just how literally we could take that.

Apart from that, as I said, it was really just a long and busy week of work. Honestly I forget what counts as an adventure anymore. Either that or I'm not looking hard enough. I've even been taking less pictures recently too. It's kind of dangerous how normal life/mission life's becoming.

I hope everyone's still doing well, and keeping a list of movies ready for me when I get back :)

Love,
Elder Harrah


No pictures this week. We're back on the geneaology center's computers today, so I'll try to send some next time I'm at the visitor's center.



A portrait of Christ in a red robe against a gray background, looking out toward the viewer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of TIME-- Week 103

"What if this is just a Lovely Bones trap?"--Week 99

Pomme Poire Williams: "They Coming with Knives, They Coming with Guns"--Week 101