Christmas Skype!

   On Christmas day, we were able to Skype with Elder Harrah for about 45 minutes.  We had some technical difficulties, but we were finally able to see him and talk to him.  It was the best Christmas present a mom could ask for!  I am so thankful for the modern technology we have so we can Skype.  I think of those early missionaries and families who never got to see each other and had to wait months and months for the mail to get back and forth....I don't think I would have made it!  I wish I would have thought of filming it sooner, but I did get a couple of short video clips that I will share here.  In one he's talking about his favorite Tahitian food and in the other, he's teaching us some French.
  In the video, Ty is wearing a new tie he got for Christmas that is made in an aweome floral Tahitian fabric.  I think the tie was a gift from the family who's house he was able to Skype us from, but I am not certain.  It is even red which is his favorite color.  What a thoughtful gift!
   I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to the sweet family that let us use their home and computer to talk to Ty.  (I don't even know their names).  It was such a boost to be able to see his face and hear his voice and know that he is really doing great!  If I could give them a big hug I would!




   So there you have it.  Now we are on the countdown to our phone call on Mother's Day 2016.  It's on May 8th this year....132 days from now....But who's counting? : ) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of TIME-- Week 103

Pomme Poire Williams: "They Coming with Knives, They Coming with Guns"--Week 101

"What if this is just a Lovely Bones trap?"--Week 99